Nuclear Safety is in the core of IDOM activities. This is supported by a process in which hazards and risks are identified and assessed on an ongoing basis in order to mitigate them by implementing preventive measures.
The proposed Nuclear Safety Culture concept is based on International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and other International regulatory guidelines. Our Nuclear Safety Culture is in close alignment with the world’s best performing plants and good industry practices.
The Nuclear Safety Culture characteristics within the projects are in line with International and national practices, and consist of the following principles:
- Everyone is personally responsible for nuclear safety.
- Leaders demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Trust permeates the organization.
- Decision-making reflects safety first.
- Nuclear technology is recognized as special and unique.
- A questioning attitude is cultivated.
- Organizational learning is embraced.
- Nuclear safety undergoes constant examination.