Hydroelectric power stations of Selga de Ordas, Carbonero and La Breña II
IDOM has provided different engineering services for dams located in the provinces of León and Córdoba, such as:
1. Detailed engineering for the La Breña II project, located in Almodóvar del Río (Córdoba), for Dragados, Obras y Proyectos, with the following characteristics:
- Typology: Gravity, HCR
- Maximum height on foundations: 124 m
- Water volume: 800 m³
- Crowning Length: 685 m
- Crowning Width: 10 m
- Concrete volume: 1,500,000 m³
- Excavation volume: 900,000 m³
The project included the realization of a three-dimensional thermal-tension model and the emergency plan against overflows and floods.
2. Previous studies, Draft and Environmental Impact Study of 3 dams on the Eresma and Moros rivers: Carbonero, Guijasalbas and El Tejo.
- Carbonero Dam: Eresma River.
- Typology: Factory dam, thick arch type
- Maximum height above the foundation: 32 m
- Capacity: 24.25 Hm³
- Concrete volume: 26,000 m³
- Guijasalbas Dam: Río Moros.
- Typology: Curved plant gravity
- Maximum height above the foundation: 22.5 m
- Capacity: 3.14 Hm³
- Concrete volume: 7,200 m³
- Heightening of the El Tejo Dam: Río Moros.
- Type: Jetty with concrete screen
- Maximum height above the foundation: 60 m
- Capacity: 5.21 Hm³
3. Detailed Engineering, Procurement Management, and Construction Management for the construction project of the Selga de Ordas dam (León).