SERVICES: Outline Design, Detailed Design, Tender Documentation, Site Supervision, ORAT
Following the update of European Air Regulations, all EDS Systems (Explosive Detection System) must be in accordance to Standard 3. For this reason, Aena must adapt all the EDS at its airports to the new regulation and has employed IDOM to carry out this project in 28 airports of its network. This project framework consists […]
Following the update of European Air Regulations, all EDS Systems (Explosive Detection System) must be in accordance to Standard 3. For this reason, Aena must adapt all the EDS at its airports to the new regulation and has employed IDOM to carry out this project in 28 airports of its network.
This project framework consists of the upgrade to EDS Standard 3 at the following 28 Airports: A Coruña, Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas, Alicante-Elche, Almería, Asturias, Barcelona-El Prat, Bilbao, FGL Granada-Jaén, Fuerteventura, Girona, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Jerez de la Frontera, La Palma, Lanzarote, Málaga-Costa del Sol, Menorca, Murcia-San Javier, Pamplona, Reus, Santiago, Sevilla, Tenerife-Norte, Tenerife-Sur, Valencia, Valladolid, Vigo, Zaragoza.
Initially, a market study of EDS standard 3 was analysed, then IDOM undertook a review of the BHS and HBS systems for each airport following a phased approach that comprised: existing situation survey, development of different design options, preparation of tender documents, supervision of the construction project, supervision of the works on site, testing and commissioning.
The main BHS features included in the design were as follows:
– Improved functionality & reliability.
– The upgrade to standard 3 is being used as an opportunity to correct any deficiencies of the existing system. This includes a total redesign of some parts of the installation.
– Airport in operation during the Works:
– The works are being carried out at a working airport which requires that the team must comply with local security and operational procedures.
– The functionality of the system must be guaranteed during the works.
– The area affected by the works is considered airside.
– Physical Working Constraints:
– Limited space to install the new a bigger standard 3 EDS machines, requires redesign of part of the existing BHS lines.
– Geometrical and structural (standard 3 EDS machines are heavier and therefore more structurally demanding) considerations must be bore in mind when implementing new designs.
– Internal Stakeholders Management:
– Regular meetings held with client and local airport staff to define requirements and final design.
– External Stakeholders Management
– Statutory planning for electrical and mechanical facilities associated with the BHS
Airports & Aviation Director
Infrastructure Managing Director
Juan Ramón López Laborda
+34 91 444 11 50
URBAN LIGHT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
BRAZIL HIGH SPEED
Public Works Magazine – Gudauri Tunnel