Digital transformation of the Basque agri-food value chain
IDOM provides a technical assistance service to support the processes of decision making, guidance and technological strategic planning for the agri-food value chain through the HAZI Foundation.
The HAZI Foundation’s mission is to promote the competitiveness and sustainability of the agri-food chain in the Basque Country and the rural and coastal areas of the Basque Country through a comprehensive service in collaboration with Basque actors and institutions.
The aim of this project is to support the definition, promotion and management of the digitalization process of the Basque food value chain, facilitating the modernization of products, processes and services for the different actors in the chain.
In order to achieve these objectives, IDOM experts are carrying out different actions:
- Coordination, dynamization of participatory processes and search for synergies with other members of the agri-food and wood value chain.
- Assisting in the evaluation and management of aid related to digitalization.
- Carry out an analysis of the environment (benchmarking of digital solutions in the sector, trends, etc.).
- Develop the analysis of the search for digital transformation opportunities in companies in the food sector.
- Accompanying the development of the strategic framework TFGE – The Food Global Ecosystem.
The development of this project has led to new digital opportunities for the Basque agri-food sector, as well as the cohesion of the ecosystem and support for its technological development, which favors its competitiveness.