Helping the IDB apply its environmental and social performance standards to development projects
Caribbean | Latin America
IDOM provides support to International Financial Institutions in the application of their policies, norms and standards for environmental and social performance. Whether in the preparation or implementation phase, these are environmental and social safeguards for the projects and operations they finance.
Since 2020, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) has relied on IDOM, through successive framework agreements, to provide technical assistance in the implementation of environmental and social safeguards in the projects that the institution finances in various countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, in the sectors of transport, energy, housing, water and sanitation, agriculture, etc. The services provided include:
- Environmental and Social Due Diligence
- Environmental and Social Management Systems
- Environmental and social impact analysis and assessments, including cumulative impacts.
- Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment. Cumulative Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- Environmental and social management plan. Biodiversity and disaster risk management plans, etc.
- Meaningful participation and engagement with project stakeholders and affected parties.