Matala hydroelectric plant – 3×16 MW
ELECNOR has contracted the professional services of IDOM to carry out the detailed engineering for the complete modernization of the existing hydroelectric plant on the Matala River in Angola.
The facility has 3 Kaplan hydro turbines of 13.6 MW each and a connection point to the current 150 kV electrical network that will increase to 220 kV.
The project includes the construction of a substation to connect the plant to the electricity grids of the cities of Lubango (capital of Huíla province) and Moçamedes (capital of Namibe).
The scope of the engineering services provided included:
- Electrical installation that will be 220/30/10 kV
- Electromechanical and hydrogeological design of the electrical substation
- Integration of 3 new turbines
- Electromechanical installation upgrade
- Upgrading of mechanical auxiliary systems
- Instrumentation and control
- Integrative engineering (BoP) of the electrical installation
- Technical assistance during the procuring phase. Technical Specifications and Data Sheets