Unveiling the preliminary design of the new La Romareda stadium
Real Zaragoza has presented today at a press conference the first images of the architectural concept of what will be the new La Romareda Stadium, whose capacity will reach 42,500 spectators.
IDOM has been in charge of the preliminary design of the new stadium, a process in which we have taken into account the main aspects that today are key in modern stadiums, such as:
- Creating the best soccer atmosphere for a full spectator experience.
- Converting the Nueva Romareda into a stadium that can host the highest international competitions.
- Becoming a benchmark in sustainability.
- Using the most advanced technologies in the field of security and television broadcasting.
- Turning the new stadium into the home of Real Zaragoza and one of the representative icons of the city of Zaragoza. A stadium for Real Zaragoza, Zaragoza and Aragon.
One of the objectives is that the stadium will be one of the Venues of the Bid of Spain, Portugal and Morocco for the 2030 World Cup, so its design has also taken into account the requirements and recommendations set by institutions such as FIFA, UEFA, the Spanish Football Federation and LaLiga.
Finally, the preliminary design contemplates the integration of tertiary and tertiary sports uses adjacent to the stadium. These uses are integrated not only in the functional aspect, but also in the architectural aspect with a unitary envelope creating the final image of the New Romareda.