Port Community System in Port of Algeciras
Algeciras is one of the most important ports in Spain strategically located in terms of global connectivity with a high number of container transshipments and RoRo traffic.
Therefore, the Port Authority of Algeciras Bay (APBA) considers strategic the implementation of a Port Community System (PCS) that integrates the entire Logistics-Port Community in a single window.
IDOM has carried out the design of this PCS (called TELEPORT 2.0) divided into two phases:
- PHASE I: IDOM carried out the Strategic Plan of the PCS for the APBA, which resulted in the proposal of Value-Added Services (VAS) to be included in the new PCS.
- PHASE II: IDOM developed a detailed analysis of the particular needs of each identified VAS, involving the Port Logistics Community of the Bay of Algeciras so that the approach of the new TELEPORT 2.0 was adjusted to the realities of the port.
The tasks developed during the project are:
- Detailed definition of the functional requirements of the 10 identified VAS
- Technological analysis of the new TELEPORT 2.0 platform
- Definition of the Governance and Business Model for the TELEPORT 2.0 Management Entity
- Elaboration of the Economic-Financial Model
- Elaboration of the Communication Plan of the PCS
- Definition of the Scope of Works and elaboration of the Terms of Reference for the PCS Implementation
- Support to the tender process and bid evaluation for the Implementation