Dismantling & Decommissioning
Many nuclear facilities will be shutdown over the next few decades. These will need to be decommissioned safely and effectively, and the sites made available for new uses, including the potential construction of new nuclear facilities.
Our end clients come from NPPs, Research Reactors and laboratories that share the same perspective of maintaining a safe environment and reducing risks for plant operators, waste management organizations, and research entities. Our services are tailored to our clients needs:
- Owner’s Engineer providing D&D Plan, Licensing Documentation, SNF Management Plan, Safety Analysis reports and EIAs.
- Engineering to develop work packages providing conceptual basic and detailed engineering, systems modifications, and auxiliary facilities design.
- Integration of technical solutions including bespoke facilities design and existing system upgrade, design and integration of RAW management solutions.
- Strategic consulting including feasibility studies that provides strategic and policies to newcomers and reporting to international funding organizations and institutions.
- Project Management, EPCM and Construction Management & Site Supervision.
- During operation of the plant: preliminary decommissioning plan, cost estimation, feasibility studies, studies to refurbish buildings for storage.
- Transition stage (after shutdown): operational wastes conditioning, Spent Nuclear Fuel Management, radiological characterization, etc.
- Deactivation Plan: System Isolation, Draining and De-energizing Specific Plans.
- Large components dismantling plan: reducing volume and packaging.
- Radioactive system and dismantling plan: System Dismantling per Buildings
- Decontamination and demolition plan: sequence for buildings dismantling.
IDOM carried out the supervision of all works developed during the execution of the decommissioning and closure plan of CN José Cabrera related...
Decommissioning during the Access Building to Controlled Area project at Cofrentes Nuclear Power Plant
Iberdrola hired IDOM for the execution of the turnkey project of the new building in order to access to the controlled area in...
Auxiliary Boilers are part of the original construction project of Ascó 1 and 2 Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs) and have provided auxiliary steam...