The management of radioactive materials must guarantee the protection of workers, the public and the environment from the harmful effects of ionizing radiation in the present and the future.
IDOM offers a wide experience in Radioactive Waste Management with references worldwide on wastes classification, treatment, segmentation, feasibility studies of wastes streaming, technical application and procedures for decontamination, sorting, storage, packaging and dispatching of wastes. Our services include:
- New facilities design or existing processes upgrade and capacity extension, from flexibility studies, through conceptual, basic and detail design.
- Engineering integration of state-of-the-art technologies from well recognized vendors.
- Engineering design of special equipment and tools for waste management and remote and handling.
- Radiological calculations: activation and dose calculation, shielding design, radiological characterization methodologies, radiation protection equipment, ALARA procedures.
- Consultancy studies about waste strategy definition and optimization, waste classification systems, waste inventories, training, etc..
IDOM also provides feasibility studies for new disposal facilities including Near Surface Disposal Facility (NSDF) and Deep Geological Repositories (DGR) for site evaluation, selection and planning.
The project is devoted to the analysis of an airplane crash onto the radioactive waste repository of Maisiagala. This accident analysis is the...
Improvement of Ukraine national personnel training system in the field of RAW management, decommissioning and remediation
Most radioactive waste (RAW) in Ukraine arises from the consequences of the 1986 Chernobyl NPP accident. Other wastes arise at nuclear power plants,...