Operation & Maintenance
Sustainability and innovation supported by enabling technologies are valued aspects of IDOM operations and, together with the knowledge acquired from our projects during the last 40 years, we look forward to putting these aspects together to assist our clients on the path to a safe, reliable, sustainable and efficient operation.
In addition to the need for new build capacity to be brought online, there is also a need to maintain the current fleet and to continuously improve its operations and safety. The spectrum of IDOM activities covers a wide range of projects, from minor components or subsystems and systems analysis to major design modification packages within different vendors technology: NPPs III/III+, SMR and Advance Reactors.
IDOM delivers the majority of the technological and engineering activities inherent to a nuclear facility in operation ranging from geological and technological studies and site evaluation against extreme natural events, to the development of basic and detailed engineering, equipment purchasing, construction, installation and commissioning of new safety systems of the plants through EPCM or EPC approach.
- Life Management (Ageing Management, Life Management and Long-Term Operation) based on 10CFR54, NUREG-1800 (PSR) and NUREG-1801 (IGALL).
- Asset Management.
- Obsolescence Solutions.
- Stress Tests and IPEEE.
- Maintenance & Operating Support.
- Design Modifications: Both Engineering solutions from conceptual to detailed and EPC and turnkey integral approach.
- Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, I&C, Electrical, etc.
- Advanced Studies: TH, FD, FEA, FF, seismic.
- Reactor, Mechanical, Process & Equipment Engineering.
- Reverse Engineering.
- Safety Studies.
Ageing Management, Lifetime Management & Long-Term Operation in Spanish NPPs
As a consequence of time and operation, Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs) undergo ageing processes. These processes affect all Systems, structures and Components (SSC)...
Design of the Filtered Containment Venting System in Ascó and Vandellós II Nuclear Power Plants
The project consists of the development of a new Filtered Containment Venting System (FCVS) for Ascó I and II and Vandellós II NPPs....