July 2, 2021
Members of the WIND2GRID consortium
- NAUTILUS FLOATING SOLUTIONS. Conceptual development of the floating platform for the substation.
- PINE. Innovation in operation and maintenance of offshore substations.
- GALVANIZADOS SALA, OGERCO and VIUDA DE SAINZ. Study and development of new materials and coatings.
- NAVACEL, ASTILLEROS MURUETA and ERREKA FASTENING SOLUTIONS. Integrated substation life cycle and manufacturing logistics.
- CREDEBLUG. Innovative tools for the manipulation and repair of submarine cables.
Likewise, the project can count on external technical advice from IBERDROLA, a leading global operator of offshore wind farms. In addition, the consortium is supported by two centers of the Basque Network of Technology and Research Centers (TECNALIA and BCMATERIALS), as well as the BASQUE MARITIME FORUM and the ENERGY CLUSTER.
PHOTO / IMAGE
Throughout the project, a blended floating electrical substation solution will be designed, based on the Nautilus semi-submersible platform concept (left image), adapted to an innovative top-side configuration (right image "topside" of a fixed substation developed by IDOM ).